Follow by Email

Monday, February 1, 2016

Into The Fray!


I consider myself as having pretty tough skin. Growing up as a fat kid who wore polyester pants made by his grandmother, one got used to insults, taunting, teasing, and an amalgam of other not-so-nice experiences. In many ways my childhood seasoned me and prepared me for adulthood, and so I am not easily offended.

Someone really has to go out of their way to offend me. I don’t take everything personally, I don’t try to find issue where no issue exists, but there are certain things that are like live wires for me, and after a handful of e-mails hitting one such live wire, I’ve decided to voice my opinion on a certain matter, for whatever my opinion is worth.

As some of you know I am scheduled to speak at a conference in March. It will be held in Dallas, and I received my invitation sometime after the entire fracas and drama unfolded. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s better that you don’t. If you know what I am referring to, then this post is for you.

I will not sit here and armchair quarterback what happened. What I do know from countless mediations and requests to counsel couples is that there is never one party who is exclusively innocent, nor is there one who is exclusively guilty.

The reason I felt I needed to write this post today and clarify the situation is because of certain assumptions that are being made as to my person; assumptions I will neither let stand nor abstain from calling out.

The first assumption that is being made by those of you bombarding me with e-mails demanding that I denounce this conference, remove myself from the roster, and vilify everyone who is connected to it is that I did not pray, seek the face of God, or receive a release to go before agreeing to appear as a speaker.

If you assumed this, you are dead wrong. I grew up traveling with a man whom I consider one of the most genuine men of God I have ever known. The fact that he was my grandfather plays no part in this, because if I had seen hypocrisy, doublemindedness, or inconsistency in his life I would likely be a very different person today, and not writing this post. It was his genuineness, obedience, and faithfulness to God that stirred in me a desire to grow and mature in the Lord. I learned a lot from my grandfather, including praying and seeking the face of God upon every invitation one receives to go and speak anywhere.

It has been my practice ever since God has called me into ministry, and it will continue to be my practice until either God releases me from this calling, or I go to my reward.

Whether a home group of five or a congregation of 5000, when I am invited to speak I take the time to pray, and do not agree to do so until I receive a release from God.

The second assumption that is being made is that I have to choose a side, do it now, and be vocal about it. Actually, I don’t. I choose Jesus, I will always choose Jesus, and I will always be on the side of Jesus. Big boys who have squabbles need to put on their big boy pants, and put the Kingdom of God before their own egos, taking the entirety of the situation into consideration and not their own agenda or proclivity.

As long as I am allowed to preach the Gospel of Christ, am not asked to tailor my message, or withhold what God has commanded me to speak, I will go and preach wherever the Lord releases me to go, and preach the Gospel to all who would hear it.

We must put souls first, and though there might be a hundred voices clamoring to be heard, the truth will rise like a phoenix, and the seeds of truth will be planted in the hearts of the hearers.

It saddens me that though the hour is so late we are still so childish in our thinking. It saddens me that though the hour is so late we are still more worried about our reputations and how we are perceived by one segment of Christendom or another than whether or not we are doing our utmost to trumpet the message of the cross of Christ.

Perhaps what saddens me most of all is the sheer relish and giddiness with which some purported believers are viewing this situation, trying to stoke the flames, and do what they can to create an all-out blood feud among the children of God.

The easiest thing to do is sit in the shade with a cold drink in your hand and comment on how poorly those laboring in the field under the hot sun are doing, or sit on the sidelines and either cheer or jeer while others are doing battle, bloodying themselves, and giving their last full measure. If you’ve never plowed, if you’ve never planted, if you’ve never prayed for God to send the rain so that the seed would take root, if you've never done battle and been on the frontlines, yet find it perfectly acceptable to sling mud every which way because you’re bored and have nothing better to do, then I beseech you, repent, and seek God’s forgiveness.

I could say more, but self-restraint is a gift I am learning to exercise more frequently of late. I will, however, leave you with this. In the early 90’s my grandfather was called by a representative of the Mormon Church to go on a speaking tour. After praying and receiving a release to go we went, did a handful of speaking engagements, and saw hearts turned to God, even though at the time some people declared that by agreeing to go and preach to Mormons we had effectively destroyed our ministry, nevermore to be revived.

Some twenty years later we are still here, still feeding the poor, still clothing the naked, still preaching the Gospel, and yes, still hearing from some of the individuals who attended those meetings and whose lives were forever changed.

Mark 2:15-17, “Now it happened, as He was dining in Levi’s house, that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him. And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, ‘How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?’ When Jesus heard it, He said to them, ‘Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but the sinners, to repentance.’”

With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Treasured Michael:)
As you are aware, Thank you JESUS:) We live in this world filled with vipers in all aspects of our walk and have to tread lightly.
You and yours are in my prayers for "Safe Journeys" and God's full armor of protection be all around you. Amen & Amen in JESUS Holy name!

Esther
"For such a time as this"

Mike Kerr said...

God Bless you Michael we can wait to see you in Dallas and this is the most well thought out comment I have seen on this matter. I could not have said it better myself.

Thea said...

Brother Michael. I for one have no idea of this situation you are referring to but it really doesn't matter because God's will and direction trumps the works and confusion of the flesh. God is leading you..

Kathleen Amanti said...

Dear Michael Boldea,
God Bless you, for your faithfulness to preach the Gospel, where ever or whenever the Holy Spirit leads you. Remember, we are led by the Holy Spirit. I know that many churches have gotten away from the true gospel, and the message of the Cross is an offence. I pray that the LORD will use you in a mighty way at this meeting and many will come back to their first love, which is Jesus Christ and what He has accomplished for us on the Cross. I pray God will protect you and your family as you proclaim, Jesus Christ and Him crucified, to whomever will listen. Again, God bless you. I hope someday our family can hear you speak, in person and meet you. We have great respect for you and the ministry of Hand of Help.
Kat Amanti

Anonymous said...

May the peace of God go with you Brother.

I hope they will be recording the event.

Antipas Knight said...

Will be in prayer for you to speak the truth with boldness.

~Shalom

Barbara said...

People just like to gossip and don't even think of the consequences, especially on the Internet. They voice vehement opinions, but it is more out of boredom and curiosity than intent to do anything. Those who do, can, and those who can't, sit and type.

On the other hand, sometimes people just like to voice their own point of view and don't intend it as anything more. They are not trying to tease or sit in judgment, they are just throwing their hat into the ring. If people don't know you, why does their opinion even matter?

You have to focus on things that bear fruit, having some kind of point and purpose. Idle comments are just that, sitting and doing nothing.

JM said...

Great word. Lets pray that people engage their Father's business instead of cutting down Christ's church. Agreed in Jesus' name.

Lynne Johnson said...

I like what you had to say and especially that you weren't asked to alter your message. We need to hear from you all. Praying for you and the other presenters! God bless you!

Unknown said...

Dear Bro Mike
I'm glad you make it a point to follow Yahuwah's leading, by his blessed Holy Spirit (Ruach Ha Kodesh) rather than listen to the nay sayers and as you pointed out, those who seem to have nothing better to do but sit in the shade and kvetch.
I am reminded that our blessed redeemer, master and saviour, Yeshua Kind of Kings, once said, "it's they that are sick that need a physician" and He's always looking to tend to the sick and bring them to wholeness.
I lift you up in prayer. Those on the frontlines, like your minsitry, Steve Quayle, Russ Dizdar, Tom Horn, etc, may all have different focii to their ministries, in that they're not all dealing with the same type of ministry but nevertheless I recall seeing in an online forum a post directed to me about some of the ministries I mentioned, wherein one of the satanic minions (human) said something like "we know who Russ Dizdar is" along with the implication of menace. I thought at the time "yeah and you knew who Peter was, and Paul was in your comment to Simon Magus before you assailed him, but neither Peter nor Paul were moved by your threats and neither will the frontline warriors of today".
Everyone should at minimum be interceding for their brothers and sisters in the forefront of the battle.
Paul

Luda Maurone said...

I've been following all that has happened and it does sicken me also. Lately, I've been turning to sacred Orthodox music and all the other stuff fades into the background as I become immersed in spiritual worship!!!

Anonymous said...

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13
I like the "having done all, to stand" part. Using that as a prayer has helped me immensely.

Jerry C said...

Michael, I remember going and listening to your grandfather give his testimony back in the very early 90’s here in Topeka… it made me nervous to be near him afterwards because I felt as if he could look right through me and see every sin I’ve done… and yet he was / and has been the most humble man I’ve ever met. There is no doubt that God used him well and he allowed himself to be used up completely and lovingly by God. He was truly a good servant of God.
One of your dreams you titled ‘Deserter’ has done more to help me stay the course and help me keep my resolve that God is in FULL control of EVERYTHING than you will ever know. There is no doubt in my mind that God is using you and guiding you as fully as HE did your grandfather… hang in there my brother, God has your back… I’m confident of that!

Gandamack said...

If you walk with Jesus and lay down with dogs, he will protect you from the fleas

Anonymous said...


If you are not aware, I would like to encourage you to read a new series written by Tom Horn, entitled: "FOR WHOM THE BAAL TROLLS". It deals with the very thing you are experiencing from the "internet trolls". Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and keep walking on the narrow road! As it keeps getting darker in a crooked and depraved generation; you shine brighter, as you hold out the WORD OF LIFE!
God Bless!


smuckwap said...

I have listened to my tapes of you and your grandfather countless times, and distributed copies of them far and wide, and am certain that you share in his same anointing. You always managed to convey every bit of the urgency in his message, and following you, I know your heart and your mind belong to Jesus. We have a comical similarity in our childhood experiences- how well I remember polyester pants, ban-lon shirts, and corduroys my mother would buy big enough for me to "grow into". in 4th grade I had a 36 inch waistline and she would buy 40s! Today I weigh less than I did in 6th grade. Maybe it's true God lets us experience ridicule for little things, so we can handle persecution for the big things.

Even more beneficial, though, is the insight ridicule provides to the personalities of the people doing it. As kids make fun of other kids, you can almost see the pain on Jesus' face as he was mocked by the witnesses of His passion. It's a snapshot of the hell bound world. The Holy Spirit has instructed you to go, so you must go. Another man I respect will be absent, and that is also apparently, how the Holy Spirit wants it. I don't know what the row is, but this I do know:

God did some of His best work in front of 150 prophets of Baal.



1 Kings:18

36 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.

God bless you, Mr. Boldea.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Ted Broer/ Nathan Leal:
Mania from Heaven.
God bless them.

Anonymous said...

How do you know you're doing God's Will? When the demonic forces blast you, it's proof you're doing something right.

Anonymous said...

Michael I don't know you but know of you by way of your grandpa's ministry and you interpreted for him. I am aware of the Dallas meeting and applaud you for taking the high ground and showing us what it is really like to be Christ Like.
Cheers,
Timothy in Destruction Bay, Yukon

Perry DeYounge said...

Michael, I think I understand what you are saying. I guess my concern is where to draw the line. For example, the Apostle Paul makes a clear distinction between the sins of those who claim to be Christians and the sins of those outside the faith (see below).

1 Corinthians 5:9-13
9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. 12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

I do NOT mean to be contentious. Rather, I wish for ALL of us (those involved directly and those of us observing) to come to a peaceful, biblical resolution to this. I am concerned for the brother who exposed the false teachings (new age) and how he is being castigated. I do not know what other sins he may have committed, but it appears he has tried to discuss matters with that person (but was spurned). And thus, he exposed the false teachings to the Body of Christ at large and was obedient to the following scriptures:

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. - Jude 3

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. - Ephesians 5:11

Michael, I have no problem with you preaching to Mormons as they would fall under Paul's distinction of those outside the true faith. But I also understand those who have withdrawn from the conference as they appear to be removing themselves from certain individuals who CLAIM to be Christians but are apparently involved in questionable behavior or propagating false teachings (new age).

Again, I am not trying to be contentious. I am trying to better understand these type of situations so that I (and hopefully many others) can learn how to deal with differences of opinion within the Body and then how to respond in a biblical manner. So please offer any thoughts you may have regarding the passages cited above, specifically in dealing with those who claim to be Christians and those who do not.

Thanks for all you do for the King and the Kingdom, Michael.
Respectfully submitted,
Perry DeYounge

Anonymous said...

"Gospel" ABOUT Christ? Christ preached the Gospel about the rule of God coming, not about himself.

Frank Brady said...

With all due respect, I think you mean "Into the Fray"--unless you're referring to the Norse "God" of Prosperity.

Anonymous said...

Since when does truth "rise like a phoenix"?? Siding with Jesus is siding with truth, period. We must separate from those who preach other than the pure Gospel of Jesus Christ. "For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough." 2 Corinthians 11:3-5 “Are you not to judge those inside [the church]? God will judge those outside. ‘Expel the wicked man from among you.’” 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 I am starting to wonder, is this conference a 'trap' for true Bible-believing Christians? Or is it about (your potentially lost) financial gains? Beware believers of false teachers and imposters. I pray you have the courage to let this be posted, apparently an 'alternative' viewpoint, and let others consider what the Word says regarding people's bowing out of this conference. D. Pearcy

Anonymous said...

With that barrage of words, apparently your third eye is wide open. Why would a Christian talk about the third eye, or the phoenix for that matter? That is Luciferian. GP91

Anonymous said...

Hi Micheal,
I think this is the first time I've read your blog. I followed a link. I have read another blog about that Frey. Yours is a very Christ like and measured response that should be appreciated by all. I'll be poking around and reading more of your writings. Thanks brother.
Jeff S.

Anonymous said...

Refreshing that you are not posed in a picture, nicely tied and suited, hairpiece glued into place, modernist manicured beard, sitting upon a leather chair at an important desk, looking like you think you're the cats pyjamas. Anyone who doesn't get it needs to.

P. G. Haase said...

Lashan Hara is a most serious sin - considered the worst by some. It is the Hebrew concept of using either true or false information to damage another's reputation. The sins we sometimes believe are the worst have a limited impact, but malicious gossip that destroys another's reputation and credibility, especially regarding something as important as building the Kingdom of God, does unlimited and ongoing damage to people, to hope, to truth. Yahweh will not judge lightly, and we best figure it out. Destroying each other with our tongues will be our nation's destruction.

Anonymous said...

go shine as a light in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation. someone or several there at the conference will need your example and teaching the truth in sincerity and humbleness and the rest of us out here who watch and listen will very much welcome your efforts in teaching the truth in the midst of wolves. the wolves will be gathered where the sheep gather so its the sheep who need to be fed and discernment taught so they can know how to guard their souls and keep faithful. your responsibility is to teach and let the results fall where the will, that isn't what you can control anyway. sow the seed and let it fall on what ground there is and the consequences are not what you can force so by all means do your job of witnessing as we support you in our prayers and know the responsibility on each of us is mandated at Revelation 12:17....keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Virgin said...

Could someone please tell me what all this is about?

Anonymous said...

I liked your post. Speaking personally, I have actually grown tired of conferences and speakers. I want to go to a meeting and see a few loaves of bread and a few fish mulitiplied to feed the crowd. No, words needed.