Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dangerous Self

If not for the certainty that those of you who comment are honest, loving, sincere, and prayerful brothers and sisters, I could easily conclude that some of you are masters of the subtle yet effective art of reverse phsychology. All I can say is thank you for understanding the circumstances, and being patient with me. Since this is an outlet that has blessed, and is continuing to bless some of you, I would be remiss if I would not endeavor to continue posting as often as possible, on whatever topics God lays on my heart.
As far as posting when the radio interviews will air, I was told I would be sent an e-mail as to the date, and check every morning to see. As yet, I have not received any updates. I will be posting the regular radio program soon, I believe it is on Spirit One. I know it sounds horrible, but details are not my strength. I do the work, I love the work, but the details escape me for some reason.
I once overheard a man saying that he was a genius trapped in a commoner's body, and smiling to myself, thought it would be better if it was the other way around. Encouraging people to overestimate their strengths, and overvalue their attributes is big business in this country, and some who have tapped into the knowledge that most people aren't happy with themselves are making a killing. Illusion and the packaging of false hopes in tidy little two hundred page books is all the rage these days, and if it were the world endorsing and promoting these practices one could just shake their head and move on.
The danger, is in the fact that the church is promoting the self, when throughout the Word we are admonished to separate ourselves from our flesh, that Christ may have preeminance in our lives.
If I am my own, then I am alone. If I trust in myself, in my strength, in my intelligence, then I will inevitably fail. If however I am Christ's, I am an army, a great majority, a victor, a conqueror, an overcomer, an heir to the kingdom of God.
Today men love to hear about the crown, but they have an aversion when it comes to the cross of Christ. They love to hear about victory, but are taken aback when they discover that in order to obtain the victory one must first surrender themselves in totality.
Preaching the crown without the cross is like having half of an equation and expecting to solve it. It is incomplete, skewed, distorted and dangerous. The best you can do with half the pieces to a puzzle is guess at what it will look like when it is complete. One can only imagine it, never really knowing the truth.
For far too long we have preached only part of the whole in the house of God, for far too long we have given self center stage, and the outcome is obvious wherever you look. The chain reaction of deficiency is quite startling to behold. Because of a deficient gospel message, we've raised up deficient disciples, and the deficient disciples have built for themselves a deficient church.
If we hope to stand during the coming days, we must once again endeavor to preach the entire gospel, the message of both the cross, and the crown, for dark days are soon approaching. I will not shy away from speaking something uncomfortable if it happens to be the truth. In the end a painful truth is better than a comforting lie. And so, I will keep posting as often as possible, and again, as always I thank you for your prayers, and patience.

With love in Christ,

Michael Boldea Jr.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother Michael,
Thank you for your words. Our Church is going through a pastoral change, and new worldly teachings are being introduced. A small remnant has sounded a warning; “Remain true to His Word.”
But plans are now in motion to join the last day apostate church (Emerging Church).
Brother David,
(We are very thankful the Word has clearly given us the means to identify these heretics.)
2Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Peter 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Anonymous said...

In hopes to find everlasting life with the one whom loved us form the beginning, we sorrowfully start/stop at the cross.

We are to look to his LIFE, from the beginning. Through his living the word, we are to see what our lives should be.

Bible basics. When we love God, we keep his commamdments. We get our foundation from the OLD Testament.

This si something the CHURCH has lost. I never got my foundation there. Only after searching it out and asking GOD for THE truth did I start finding it.

My husband and I have come out of the church in order to find the TRUTH and be same minded(he was confirmed catholic and I assembly of God).

What we both prayed for is coming to pass everyday as each day passes we learn more and more, and we see in each other what we asked God for in a mate, who is on fire for God.

Forget about the feel good Churches, it seems they are so far from God and the truth that they are irellavent. It's the truly God fearing that need to start heeding the truth and ask God to help them. It's a long hard process. but it can be done.

Sorry, but I still feel for those who seem to be listening, but for some reason can't hear, much less obey.

Cathy Palomarez

Anonymous said...

Michael - Thanks again. I just listened to your interview on trunews and was encouraged that you are out there telling it like it is. Bless you and keep going. The radio interview can be found at www.trunews.com

Thanks again

Michael (Australia)

A Seed Sower said...

Here is the link to Trunews to hear your recent interview
http://www.trunews.com/listen_now.htm#recent. or just do an internet search folks for Trunews..then at the top of the page you can find recent programs..enjoy, this is all thanks to Marcel who told me about it. There is a really good testimony, before Bro Michaels interview also by the man who hosts the program...

A Seed Sower said...

Excellent Bro Michael, excellent, Oh I am so enjoying listening to this interview with you on Trunews, Praise God He is making the way for you wider and more far reaching to get the Truth out to America..Amen..keep up the great work for Jesus, we can go to a weekly blog, just keep preaching the Word young man..Amen

Anonymous said...

"Today men love to hear about the crown, but they have an aversion when it comes to the cross of Christ."

we are glad you are back-thought maybe we had lost you in one of those wis. snowbanks.

anyway-....a crown without a cross is nothing more then a boat anchor tied around ones neck.

it appears that there isn't enough money collected in our church offerings to buy the itch salve for all those ears in american christendom.

todays word might be-"stay true to the calling you received when you were first saved."

how quickly we abandon that which can keep us unto the day of salvation.

and lastly --i enjoyed your interview on the rick wiles program the other day- so many doors...so little time....

---p.g.---65 inches of snow and counting!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,
Glad to have you back...for a while I was looking at all that snow and wondering...:).

The delusion in the churcha nd at the individual level of the believer is slowly taking shape. It is only apparent to those who are watching but to others it just sounds like "new teaching" a "new revelation'. ..before the church realises that they have given themselves over to a lie and decided how they want their prophets to serve up the message. I thank God that here in the many waters of the internet we can get to share the real truth. Don't worry about offending me Michael, jsut keep speaking the undiluted word...we are hungry for it (and we also get to share the truths we learn with others...which is so great!)

I will be traveling to Kenya for the next month. You have probably heard about the situation there - its a terrible thing when the watchmen come down from their posts, quit watching and start mingling in affairs that God has not appointed for them. They leave the walls bear and the enemy comes and overuns the people. This is what happend in Kenya and resluted in violence and a shocking disregard for churches so that murders happened in the church! Let's stay awake and watch...for the destinies of nations depends on it.

I covet the prayers of this family.

In His grace,
joyce

Anonymous said...

Brother Michael,

May I encourage you with the following verses from scripture to keep doing what you are doing.

"Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins." (Isaiah 58:1)

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." (Proverbs 27:6)

"He who rebukes a man will in the end gain more favor than he who has a flattering tongue." (Proverbs 28:23)

"It is better to heed a wise man's rebuke than to listen to the song of fools." (Ecclesiastes 7:5)

The scriptures say it all. All of the self-help, self-esteem pushing books are simply the songs of fools and the crown of gold that they think they have will turn out to be "fools' gold".

May Yahweh remember mercy when His wrath is poured out on such as these. Lord, open blind eyes who have been deceived by Satan's cunningness.

May the Lord bless you and yours,

Brother Andrew

Anonymous said...

Brother Mike,
I can only say Amen, I was drawn to the Lord while driving deaf children to school. The car only had AM radio and one day over 15 years ago I heard your Grandfathers testimony. I felt the call of the Holy Spirit and began to read God's Word with new reverence and awe. I began to attend an A/G church, but over the years it has changed so much so that now they are changing the name. I never thought i'd see this day. How sad it is. I really look forward to your blogs. Keep preaching the truth, it's hard to find now-a-days!

Anonymous said...

Michael... just feel the need to encourage you to keep blogging. Many people are reading and being uplifted, challenged and encouraged. For the time we have to partake of this blog...know that you are very appreciated as well as all the other brothers and sisters who are drawn to this wonderful refreshing spring. I get so much out of everyone's sharing and teachings along with your daily expounding of the Word. Thank you so much to all!

Mary

Bonny said...

Michael, your blog is precious! I really enjoyed your radio interview on Trunews, it was great to hear your words, not only read them. Thank you for continuing to take the time to write. May the Lord bless your faithfulness.