Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Eight Reasons You Should Read Your Bible Every Day! Part 2

The fifth reason we should read our Bibles every day, is because the Bible reveals what our duty is toward God, and what our responsibility is toward our fellow man.

Yes, we have a duty before God, and as followers of Christ, as the redeemed and sanctified we have a responsibility toward our fellow man, to trumpet the truth of Jesus, and tell all who would hear that within the pages of the Book, the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith.

Romans 1:16-17, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘the just shall live by faith.’”


Isaiah 34:16-17, “Search from the book of the Lord, and read: not one of these shall fail; not one shall lack her mate. For My mouth has commanded it, and His Spirit has gathered them. He has cast the lot for them, and His hand has divided it among them with a measuring line. They shall possess it forever; from generation to generation they shall dwell in it.”

Do you want to know what the future holds? Do you want to know the fate of Israel? Do you want to know the power of God to salvation? Search from the book of the Lord and read, and you will know. Every question you might have concerning God, concerning the times and the seasons we are living in, and concerning salvation itself, is answered in God’s holy word. Does God still speak prophetically to His children? Yes, of course He does, because He is an unchanging God, but we cannot substitute prophecy for the Word of God, we cannot dismiss the Bible just because we received a word from the Lord. Be not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.

The sixth reason we should read our bibles every day is because the Bible is the only sure foundation for doctrine.

2 Timothy 3:16-17, “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

Within the pages of Scripture we have the foundation of our doctrine, and if the foundation of our doctrine is the Word of God, then it is sure, and permanent, and unshakable. The teachings of men, the doctrines of men, these things will all be shaken and some are being shaken as I write these lines. Nothing will remain that is not tethered to God and anchored in His word, and it is God who will pull off the mask and reveal the fallacy of what so many have been teaching in regards to both His return, our conduct while we sojourn here, God’s expectations of His children, and what we are entitled to as children of God. In order for us as men and women of God to be complete, in order for us to be thoroughly equipped for every good work, we must know the Scriptures, we must know the Bible and let it reside and grow in our hearts. It is the Word, it is the Scripture that corrects us, it is the Scripture that reproofs us, it is the Scripture that instructs us, and it is the Scripture that we must have as the foundation of our doctrine.

We must stop trying to excuse heresy, we must stop trying to excuse false doctrine, we must stop trying to excuse unbiblical manifestations, and be bold in our convictions, standing on the Word, and decrying these things for what they are. It is scripture that is profitable for doctrine, not my opinion, not my feelings, not my thoughts, but Scripture. If my thoughts, my views, my opinions or my feelings differ or are in direct opposition to Scripture, then it is I who is in the wrong, and not the Word of God.

The most ludicrous words we can ever utter are, ‘I know that’s what the Bible says, but I feel different; I know that’s what the Bible says but I think it should’ve said something else.’

What an impudent, brazen and rebellious people we have become, that we dare question God, and second guess Him at every turn, then have the audacity to shake our fists at Him for having removed His blessing and protection from our midst. You can’t have God on your terms; I can’t have God on my terms; if we are to have God, it will be on His terms, and His terms alone.

The seventh reason we should read our Bibles every day, is because the word of God is the only lasting foundation for our faith.

If you build your faith on anything other than God’s Word, the day will come when the foundation upon which you’ve build it will crumble. All things pass away, whether it be men, their teachings, their lives, their works, but the only thing that will not pass away, though heaven and earth might, are His words.

Matthew 24:35, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.”

So where do we find His words? In His Book! There can be no substitute for reading the Word of God, no matter how worthwhile one might think that substitute to be. If it’s between reading this blog and the Bible, read the Bible! I know, shot myself in the foot again, discouraging people from reading what I write, but my purpose in this blog from the beginning has always been to make you self-sufficient, and show you the paramount need for feeding yourselves rather than being dependent on others to do it. Do I appreciate the fact that you read what I write? Yes, of course I do, but I know my place, I know my level of importance, and unlike some, I do not have a swelled head, I do not think my words equal Scripture, and so, if you only have time for one of the two, read your Bible. The Word of God is life, it reveals to us the Christ, who in turn is the only means by which we can come to the Father. It is necessary for us as believers to read it, and know it, and let it take root in our hearts that we might in turn be fruitful servants of the Most High God.

The eighth reason we should read our Bibles every day, is because the Bible is food for our souls.

Jeremiah 15:16, “Your words were found and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.”

In order to understand how precious the Word of God is, we must have the right attitude toward it. It is not just a book, it is not just an instruction manual, it is the living word of God, inspired by the Spirit of God, which is able to nourish us and give us spiritual succor. Is His word the joy and rejoicing of your heart? If not, why not?

To this day men still die for the sake of this precious Word we take for granted on a daily basis. To this day men lay their lives on the line, and kiss their families goodbye as if for the last time in order to take this Holy Book to those hungry for it. If only we were as committed to God in our freedom as others are in persecution, what a wondrous and glorious church we would be!

With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.

1 comment:

Bonny said...

Thank you as always Michael. I have never stopped being encouraged and reminded of precious truth through your blog. God bless you for your faithful obedience.

Bonny