Friday, September 5, 2014

Intermission


I tried. I really did. I stopped watching the news altogether, only glanced at the headlines on my homepage from time to time, and didn’t even read the free newspaper anymore; in short I did everything I could to avoid current events, thereby being able to likewise avoid talking about or writing about current events. I took a page out of man an American pastor’s playbook and surmised that ignorance was indeed bliss, and if I could remain ignorant of what is going on, the bliss would continue unabated.

It worked for a while. We’ve been busy with the baby, she’s just this amazing gift that does something new and precious and unique and astounding every day it seems, but even though I avoided seeking out the news, it came to me nevertheless.

Friends and brothers keep sending e-mails, e-mails I inevitably open, with links to articles, and opinion pieces, and breaking news of varying kinds.

I’m the kind of person that if something is gnawing at me, eventually that thing bleeds over into everything else, and unless extricated, leeched out of my system by way of addressing it, it begins to slowly affect other areas which have no tangential connection.

As such I am taking a short break from discussing the first epistle of Peter, and penning a few articles about what’s been gnawing at me of late.

For those of you who are squeamish, insist on political correctness, or get the vapors at the slightest provocation, I would suggest you stay away for the next few days, since what’s been banging around in my head isn’t pretty, but is true.

I’ve been waiting for someone to say it so I wouldn’t have to, but no one has, and I feel as though I must.

As soon as my intellectual detoxification is complete, we will return to our discussion of 1 Peter. For those of you who were looking forward to continuity, I apologize in advance, but knowing myself, this is for the best. I hope you understand.

With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.

1 comment:

meema said...

Helmet on, seat belt fastened. Bring it on.

For Him,
Meema