Thursday, October 3, 2019

The Blueprint


No matter what it is you are trying to cultivate, it requires the right environment. No matter what it is you are trying to build, it requires the right blueprint and materials. If you have the right environment, you can hire a farmhand to tend to the soil and water the crops. If you have the blueprint or the materials, you can hire a builder to carry out the project.

I live in Wisconsin, and I know that no matter how much someone might want to plant a pineapple orchard, it would never take. The environment here is not conducive to growing pineapples, though it would be nice to walk up to a pineapple tree and cut down a fresh one.

I’ve been asked on more than one occasion why I’m so stubborn about the coming revival. I’ve even been asked why it is that I don’t want to see revival happening. In reality, one of my heart’s greatest desires is to see a true, God-centered, God-ordained, and God fueled revival not just here, but throughout the world.

I have dedicated my life to serving God, and the main thrust of what I’ve been called to do is preach the gospel. To say that I don’t want to see a revival would be on par with a surgeon saying he doesn’t want to see patients made well after applying his talents and skills in the hopes of restoring them to good health. It’s illogical and absent reason.

Though I desire to see a revival with every fiber of my being, I must also point out that the current environment within the household of faith is not conducive for revival. There is a Biblical blueprint, a step by step instructional guide, that if followed, will create the right environment for the outpouring of revival, and rather than get closer to that mark, the church is slipping further away from it.

True Biblical revival can only occur in an environment of humility, brokenness, repentance, and prayerfulness among God’s people. Without these four pillars, there is no foundation for true revival.

We find ourselves in a time when a good portion of what we deem to be the church won’t even humble itself enough to acknowledge that God knows better than they. We live in an age where self-identifying saved folk get into wars of words with God Himself because they are unwilling to let go of their pet sin or vice.

How can we hope for God to hear us from heaven and heal our land when we are unwilling to humble ourselves, pray, seek His face, or turn from our wicked ways? What God describes in 2 Chronicles is His reaction to His people’s actions. If no action is taken on our part if we grow more stiff-necked and self-assured in our idolatry and self-worship, can we have any expectation of His intervening, and bringing healing and revival to the land?

I have never intimated that it is impossible for true revival to occur. I do stand by my assertion that we are far from an environment where it can occur. It must begin with the church, it must begin with the household of faith, and leaving post-it notes on a pastor’s car calling him a bigot and unloving for preaching the gospel, is not a step in the right direction.

We have the blueprint, and it is simple and to the point. If we want God’s intervention, if we want God’s healing, we must create the environment wherein He can do these things. It must be done on His terms, not ours. 

With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.

No comments: