As the prophetic times we are living in are becoming more evident and as those seeking counsel or direction are multiplying, countless individuals have been trumpeting their opinions as to what the children of God ought to be doing.
From the ever popular ‘it’s time to get serious about God,’ (as though God was okay with our playing games with, abusing, and dishonoring Him up until it got difficult for us,) to ‘it’s time to grow up,’ (as though spiritual infancy was acceptable until recently,) many voices are telling the household of faith what they must do, and do today.
The way I see it, before we can start doing something new, we must stop doing what we had been doing up to that point. And so, rather than give you a list of what Christians should do, today I give you a list of the ten things we must stop doing before we start doing anything else.
As always they are in no particular order, and you can prioritize them as needed.
1. Christians must stop allowing being called names to affect them, or the fear of being hated and marginalized to silence them.
2. Christians must stop believing teaching without diligently searching scripture to see if the two are in harmony.
3. Christians must stop believing the words of men in lieu of the words of Jesus.
4. Christians must stop allowing denominational dogma to nullify the written word of Scripture.
5. Christians must stop focusing on one dimension of God exclusively while ignoring the rest.
6. Christians must stop refusing to fellowship with brethren who disagree with them on secondary or tertiary dogma.
7. Christians must stop becoming more like the world in the hopes of winning the world for Christ.
8. Christians must stop neglecting the foundational pillars of the faith such as prayer, fasting, and the diligent study of Scripture.
9. Christians must stop being hypocritical in their actions.
10. Christians must stop cherry-picking verses which validate their preconceived notions, and receive the whole counsel of God.
With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.