Thursday, June 19, 2014

Monsters Among Us


I was present for the birth of my daughter. I was there when she took her first breath, screamed her first scream, and opened her eyes for the first time in this world.

No, I am not a woman, I do not understand what all that entails, but to say ‘my body, my right’ and to then choose to snuff out the life of one such as this for the sake of convenience, or because you did not think it was the right time, or you couldn’t be bothered with the bloating and the weight gain, is perhaps the single most monstrous act I could think of in this world.

There is no nobility there. There is no decency, there is no bravery in actively deciding to end the life of one such as this; there is just cowardice and a perverted sense of right and wrong.

According to the Guttmacher Institute since 1973 there have been some 50 million such monsters walking among us in this nation alone, and though some do regret their actions and find forgiveness at the foot of the cross through repentance, others continue to live as though they did not just commit atrocity. They glory in what ought to be shame, and boast of their decision to end a life and not lose a second’s worth of sleep over it.

It astounds me that something so serious can be taken so glibly in our day and age. It frightens me as to what kind of dark and disturbed world my daughter will grow up in ten, fifteen, twenty years from now, if today murdering your own child, filming it, and putting it on the internet is a vehicle to notoriety and fleeting stardom.

You can be against something out of principle, because you know it is morally wrong, because your beliefs dictate you can see it no other way, but it’s a real gut check when you’re holding a minutes old baby in your arms, and suddenly realize that 50 million such babies, helpless and defenseless, never got to cry, to smile, to suckle, and to grow up.

God bless America indeed!

With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.

6 comments:

FionaB said...

Congratulations to you and your wife on your lovely baby. I understand your concern given the times we live in and what the future looks like, but God will watch over her as she grows up and grows in her walk with Him. Just think of the many blessed times you two will share as you talk about the Lord. You have much to look forward to. Be assured He loves her just as much, if not more so, that you do!

Anonymous said...

It's difficult to fathom that at this point in your life and in what you know from the Lord that you would off-handedly allude to "twenty years from now" after all that has coming together in the world for the Lawless One and all that has been shown to you and your grandfather of imminent events, and then to top it off by suggesting for God to bless a nation He has already judged. You seem to have become both desensitized and neglectful of your FIRST love, focusing more on your other loves.

Michael Boldea Jr. said...

Dear Anonymous,
Since I am not the Almighty, I cannot rightly say whether we still have five more minutes, five more years, or fifty more years on this spinning rock.
Do the signs point to everything being closer than we might think? Most definitely. Have others throughout history gotten caught up in trying to pinpoint the end, got all dolled up in white robes, and waited for a rapture that never came? Most definitely.
I work each day as though it were my last on this earth, as though my Master were coming this very night, but I cannot shut myself off from the possibility that He may terry, and I may yet see my daughter grow up.
I'm sorry if that offends you.
Second, in case you didn't get the sarcasm in my 'God bless america indeed' comment, let me assure you, it was sarcasm.
God cannot bless a nation that curses Him, and does contrary to His commands.
Again, sarcasm.
Third, I've not in any way become neglectful of my First love, but nowhere does the Word of God say we are not to have affection toward our wives and children, and enjoy them as a gift from Him.
I'm sorry I love my kid!(sarcasm).
May God bless you.
With love in Christ,
Mike

Anonymous said...

Such has been the direction of so many followers of Christ: defending wants and desires, apologizing for offenses, being distracted and diverted. It's astounding, and even made me cry, that you, Michael Boldea, Jr., would have such a mindset to refer to God’s majestic creation as a “spinning rock” and defiantly confess you used the Creator's blessings in sarcasm. From where have you fallen?! My comment was NOT about being offended but about you returning to your FIRST love. At what point did the Father condone for us to switch to living our own personal dream? Brother! This is not the time! We have to KEEP our eyes on JESUS! We have to KEEP our eyes on the TRUE PRIZE! Don’t be offended! Consider what is being said to you! You have fallen from your first love now blogging to the Lamb’s purchase about enjoying the pleasure of vacuuming! Wake up!!! You have fallen!

Unknown said...

You have spoken such true words, Michael. What I already believed in my heart about the value of our little ones was brought home at the gut level when I held three perfect and beautiful little ones who entered this world and left it just as quickly (triplets). They were barely younger than the supposed "viability date" under which abortions are allowed under my laws. As it is, I was grateful that we were in a Catholic hospital where they were willing to fight for our little ones through 10 long days, hoping that they would make the point where we could have intervened. Jesus had other plans and I am comforted KNOWING (He showed me) that they would be with him. But I cannot fathom how anyone could make that choice and not be destroyed by it. Because I know beyond all doubt that our children in the womb are human beings and should be protected from conception forward.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous, "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one disrespect. Be ye fruitful and multiply.