Monday, September 14, 2020

Say When

 I’m angry, and I will not pretend otherwise. I’m angry, and I won’t try to bite my tongue, hold back, or sugar coat anything for the sake of anyone’s feelings, real or otherwise. I know, heartless of me. How dare I not place the feelings of every emotional, bipolar psychotic before the truth, but here I go, because no one seems to want to be first through the door after the breach.

Granted, the first guy through risks catching a bullet to the face more often than the guy bringing up the rear, but we can’t all be bringing up the rear, now can we? Someone’s got to take the lead; otherwise, we’re just spinning our wheels and hyping each other up just so we don’t have to face the reality of our own cowardice.

Yesterday, a Biden voter and Democrat party devotee in California walked up to two cops sitting in their cruiser and opened fire without so much as a warning. I know, I know, how dare I make such assumptions? Well, let’s just say that if the shooter turns out to be a Trump supporter or a registered Republican, I’ll sign a waiver allowing a cross-eyed alcoholic with the jitters to harvest my organs without anesthesia. We all good? Past the faux outrage? Because let me just tell you that if that got your goad, you should stop reading. It’s only going to get worse.

Now, if you thought this was the end of the story, and I’d make some plea to stop the violence, then you don’t have a clue as to the level of depravity that passes for normalcy nowadays. While the two cops were being transported to the hospital, fighting for their lives, a group of people who are simply misunderstood, who just want peace, love, and a wee slice of the American pie, were blocking the hospital, trying to break into the emergency room, and screaming ‘kill the police,’ and ‘we hope they die.’ I removed the expletives from the chants because gratuitous language is just that, but I’m sure you can piece the puzzle together if you were so inclined.

For the longest time, I’ve been asked by various people what it is they can do. My answer has always been it depends how committed you are. If, after all that’s been happening over the past few weeks you’re still sitting in your recliner watching multi-millionaires in tights try to tackle each other over a pigskin, congratulations, you are part of the problem. In the least, at a bare minimum, you are inadvertently consenting to the murder of cops, retirees, children, or anyone who stands in the way of the mostly peaceful but not quite rioters, looters, criminals, thieves, and now attempted murderers.

Let me make this as clear as I can. If you are still watching any major sports franchise, whether the NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB, then you’re okay with everything that’s going on, and not only that, you’re helping fund it. Congratulations!

There is only one way this will stop, and that is when the other 329 million tell the few hundred thousand that it must. It’s up to you to say when it stops. You have the power to say when!

As long as there is no financial loss to those corporations, institutions, or franchises financing the overthrow of this nation, financing the murder of cops, and the destruction of private property, they’ll just keep doing it. As long as you keep giving them your money, watching their drivel, and cheering on their ability to bounce a ball, then this will keep happening because there’s no downside.

Make your voice heard! Whether it’s writing a letter to Nike, informing them why you will no longer be purchasing their apparel, or to the sponsors of any one of these franchises that seem to be perfectly fine with cops being executed for no other reason than for being cops. Channel your outrage. Channel your anger. Be explicitly, unambiguously direct in your denunciation of the destruction of your nation. Stop being genteel and just taking it. Stop making the people branding you a bigot, rich beyond their wildest dreams.

I could go on, but if this isn’t bad enough to make you turn off your television for a couple of hours, then nothing I say will motivate you to do anything about anything anyway. I know, I know, it makes no nevermind since we’re all rapture bound, and any minute now we’ll all be caught away. Maybe so, but fight is an action verb, and the way I read it, we’re not supposed to stop fighting until the fighting’s done.

With love in Christ,

Michael Boldea Jr. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike Lohre said...

You are not alone in your outrage. There IS such a thing as righteous anger. We should be feeling it and acting accordingly. To be a soldier for Jesus Christ is not just a metaphor, and I feel the church is struggling with that kind of call to duty. I do, and I admit it. But I know I will face the Lord, and the fear and respect of the Lord is true wisdom. No decent soldier is not ready to die for their call, and in fact they assume they may die and assume they will at the least face trouble and persecution. It's in the job description of soldier and only cowards sign up and do not ever actually put anything on the line, put their skin in the game. Thanks for making me think. God bless and guide you and may His Word continue to be fire in your belly. We need it.