Thursday, May 31, 2012

Edging Toward The Finish Line

There’s always something exhilarating when you’re edging toward the finish line. Whether it’s getting close to home base after a long trip, hearing the captain come on the overhead speaker and tell you the plane is making its final descent, or getting ready to pack up and return to the arms of the one you love, the heart skips a beat, the palms start to sweat, and you get into a different frame of mind.

Seeing as in two weeks I will be taking flight once more and returning to Romania, I am currently in the aforementioned frame of mind. I’ve been at this long enough wherein I know I’ll need a couple days to pack, then double-check to make sure I included everything I will need in the suitcases, e-mail the family and make sure they didn’t leave anything off their often abundant must have lists, clean out the refrigerator, make sure all the bills are paid, then get ready for the trip itself.

Before I leave however, I have two more engagements, both in Wisconsin, and thankfully both close to home. The only people to ever really understand me (as far as the tour-de-force driving we do when we’re on tour is concerned) are long-haul, cross-country truck drivers, and whenever one happens to come to one of my meetings we end up sharing war stories, and deciding which truck stops have the best chicken wings, and which ones are mere pretenders to the throne.

After twenty-five years the traveling hasn’t gotten any easier, and I don’t reckon it will any time soon.

And so, without any further ado, this Sunday I will be speaking in Little Chute Wisconsin, a congregation called the Home Church, which isn’t really a home church.

Sunday June 3, 2012 10:00 AM
Home Church
1215 Buchanan Street
Little Chute, Wisconsin 54140

With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael, in case you did not see this, a pastor has been sentenced to two years in prison for recommending spanking by quoting the bible in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Here is the link: http://whbl.com/news/articles/2012/may/27/pastor-sentenced-to-prison-for-spanking-sermon/

Enjoy your trip.