Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Help!

 I’ve held on for as long as I could. I was halfway hoping this past weekend would make it a non-issue since the buzz about being raptured was at a fever pitch again. I even waited an extra day just to make sure it wasn’t an issue of time zones, but I woke up this morning and had to admit that it wasn’t Sunday anywhere anymore, so we’d likely be here for a bit longer.

I went and told my neighbor he couldn’t have my lawn mower after all and started paying off some past-due bills I was hoping I wouldn’t have to pay because, you know. It’s not like I would have left a forwarding address, and Heaven’s a big place, so I don’t know how likely it was that they’d find me.

Could you imagine, though? You’re sitting down for a conversation with Paul, or Timothy, Jeremiah, or Daniel, and suddenly, a phone rings. When you answer, you hear, “I’m calling about your past due bill for the George Foreman grill you committed to purchasing for six easy payments of $19.99, plus shipping and handling.”

I know what you’re thinking: phones in heaven? If a modern-day prophetess – and I use the term as loosely as humanly possible - is insisting that we’ll have pet dinosaurs in the great beyond, why not phones? Is it really that much of a stretch from pet dinosaurs to mobile phones in heaven? Just a thought, but I digress.

I’ve said all that to say this: I need your help!

I’ve been alternating between the Book of Job and the Epistle of James for my morning reading, and there is much to be plumbed from both books. With the Epistle of James, there would be a continuity of sorts from the Epistle of Jude since they were siblings and half-brothers of Jesus. With the book of Job, there would be a fountain of wisdom on suffering well and would serve to dispel many myths getting passed around as gospel truth today.

I’m at a crossroads, and I can’t decide. As such, this is my ask. Leave a comment with one word, either James or Job. I’ll tally them, and then we will pursue the book that gets the most votes. It would be too complicated to alternate between the two in real-time, but once the first is done, we will jump into the second. Until one of the two books is the clear winner, I will post standalone musings, whatever they might be. Either way, it promises to be an eye-opening journey, just from the handful of notes I’ve jotted down the past few mornings.  

With love in Christ,

Michael Boldea, Jr. 

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Job

Steve Hollander said...

James

Anonymous said...

job

Anonymous said...

From your vision posted in 2004 - THE EAGLE AND THE SERPENTS

The man continued to look down at the eagle, and with a pained voice said, "The true tragedy, is that at any moment it could have sought the safety of the above, it could have soared toward the heavens and would have found its protection.

We are not dead yet. I cling to the hope that the eagle will look up and realize it does not belong on the ground, choosing to soar towards heaven and find its protection.

Victoria said...

James

Anonymous said...

James

Anonymous said...

James

Anonymous said...

James

R. T. said...

James.

R. T. said...

James

Trapper B. said...

James

Trapper B. said...

I said James bc the way I got it figured, we will finish with James in nine months to a year and then Job will take us until Christ comes. Hoping we still have electricity during the tribulation/last days, whenever it arrives, so that we can read the blog post and feel right at home with Job in suffering as we await martyrdom. Not to be a downer, just a brass tax kind of person.

Anonymous said...

James please

Chris G said...

James please

Mary M said...

Job

Anonymous said...

James 😀

Allyson said...

Job

Karen said...

James

Anonymous said...

James

Anonymous said...

Job

Anonymous said...

James

Anonymous said...

The vision would not be given if judgment has not been set. That is GOD KNEW WE (AMERICA) WOULD NOT REPENT.

Anonymous said...


A REVELATION FROM THE LORD

In the year of 1931, I was in a meeting in Topeka, Kansas. After preaching one night, I went to where I was rooming with Brother Ira Eisenhower. We sat down in the front room. Brother Eisenhower was tuning in the news on the radio, when I had this vision. It was like looking at a moving picture.

I saw a very dark cloud come over the Rocky Mountains. As it came, I saw a flash of lightning, and the dust rolled back. The wheat crops were almost ruined. I saw hundreds of cattle and hogs lying dead. I then saw the lightning strike east of the Mississippi River, and floods and disaster followed. The clouds became very large, and moved over Italy, and the lightning struck there. I saw an army from Italy go into Ethiopia.

Then the great cloud spread over Europe. The lightning struck in Germany, and an army from there started a war which involved most of the country. It went into Czechoslovakia and Poland, then to England, France, Belgium, Holland, Wales, Finland, Russia, Japan, and China. Then the lightning hit our islands of the Pacific, and we went into war as allies with our worst enemy.

I saw Italy, Germany, Japan, and Finland subdued. I saw the United States giving to Russia, until Russia became the fear and dread of the nations. I saw a Foreign Aid Program set up that made Russia rich and powerful, while we became weaker and poorer. I saw the north part of Korea given to our enemy, Russia. I saw China fall to the Reds, then a battle in South Korea, that our leaders would not permit to be won. I saw another leader rise up in the United States. He did not wholly follow the full plan of the other, neither did he follow the American way. I saw great unrest and a dearth come in the United States.

People's hearts grew faint as world powers continued to organize. A great darkness covered the earth, Christianity was greatly forsaken, and there was a great falling away. A terrible army came with Russia, to go into Palestine. Meanwhile, things in America were getting worse -- changes in government planning, and becoming more corrupt because of betrayers of our original form of government. (Russia has many foreign agents at work in the U. S. A.)

Finally, one laboring party rose up against another, one city against another, and the few saints were bitterly persecuted, and many were put to death. Suddenly, a great trumpet was blown. The remaining saints were caught away, and the terrible destruction of God's wrath brought distress in the nations.

I came out of the vision, and we (Brother Eisenhower and I) went to prayer. We wept, cried and prayed. Finally these words came to me:

"America has seen her best days. These things will soon come to pass; then the end will be."

Anonymous said...

We need both but as to which first? Our Lord Jesus will give you an answer of peace.