Monday, October 24, 2022

Dots and Tittles

 I bought a toaster oven the other day, and it came with a repair manual for a 1992 Honda Prelude. I didn’t see the need for the manual; I just wanted to toast a half-bagel, and it wouldn’t fit in the regular toaster. I spent the better part of the day coming up with explanations and theories as to why a car repair manual would be in my toaster oven box, each getting more fanciful and unlikely.

Maybe it was a conspiracy. Perhaps it was intended for someone who knew the manual was in the box, and I picked it up accidentally. It was even possible that there was some sort of smuggling going on. Apparently, the car repair manual market is cutthroat.

Okay, I made that first part up. I didn’t buy a toaster oven, and it didn’t come with a repair manual for a now vintage car, but it did serve to illustrate a point, didn’t it? I imagine that’s how some people who have determined to themselves that there are certain things they would not see, yet they find them outlined in the Bible, react as well. Why’s that in there? That doesn’t belong! It must have been an error. Even if it wasn’t an error, it wasn’t meant for me. Surely, that’s for somebody else.

There was absolutely no reason for a car repair manual to be in my imaginary toaster oven box. It would have served no purpose. Just as there is no purpose in entire chapters dedicated to the last days, end times, and the events foretold therein if those for which the book was intended were no longer present.

It is said that the simplest explanation is most often the correct one. That’s doubly true for the Word of God. If something is included and repeated, it was intentional. There are no accidental scriptures; there are no throwaway chapters. Every dot and tittle is purposeful, deliberate, and included within the canon of scripture by the will of God.

If we were not meant to be here for everything the Bible tells us will occur during the last days, pray tell, why were they included in the Bible in the first place? I know the popular workaround is that those chapters are in the Book, so the godless will see that we were right once we’re gone, but that would be like giving a book on needlepoint to a blind man. Sure, he might be able to tell it’s a book, but he’ll get nothing from it. He’s blind!

If the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, why would those who are perishing suddenly have a change of heart in the throes of the outpouring of God’s wrath? By this point, they would have already chosen their allegiance; they would have already taken a mark on their right hand or forehead.

Whatever you say, funny man. The church isn’t mentioned in Revelation after the fourth chapter, so there. I know I’m being a stickler, but you can’t prove a negative with a negative. It’s like me saying I didn’t see a lion today; ergo, lions do not exist.

Wherever you land on this topic, one thing is certain: Jesus was not mincing words nor second-guessing Himself. He said heaven and earth would pass away, but His words would by no means pass away. Which words? We’ll get to that in due time.

With love in Christ,

Michael Boldea, Jr.  

No comments: